meet the team
Matthew Kirkham D.C., C.C.S.P.
Dr. Kirkham graduated from the Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa in 1998. He also has a post graduate certification in the Gonstead Methodology, as well as a certification from the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. He is the only certified sports physician in our region.
Dr. Kirkham has been practicing chiropractic here in La Porte for over 20 years. He started Back to Health Chiropractic in 2009 and has helped many patients find relief from back pain. Although he helped many, he had always desired to integrate the best of chiropractic with the best of medical treatments to further help even more patients. 360 Med Center was founded on this basis, in 2018.
Coming from a family of "chiropractic skeptics", most of my family and friends would not have guessed that I would have chosen to become a chiropractor. Originally, I had set my sights on becoming a medical doctor or an architect. As I discovered more about health and how the body works, chiropractic made a whole lot more sense to me than medicine did, so I decided to become a chiropractic physician.
It was during my early teenage years that I suffered from frequent back pain as a result of playing a lot of volleyball. The jumping and twisting often caused intense pain in my lower back that shot down my leg on occasion. During this period of my life, I also suffered from intense migraine headaches that occurred every few months and only relieved after laying down and going to sleep. And since I couldn't sleep during school, when the migraines hit during the day, I just had to suffer.
I was 16 years old when I had my first chiropractic adjustment after one of my more severe episodes of back pain sidelined me from volleyball. I was amazed at how quickly my back pain went away and stayed away. As a bonus, over time I realized that my migraine headaches were no longer with me. Until this day, I have yet to have another migraine headache, and that was over 20 years ago! How was all of this relief and better health accomplished without ever taking a medication? The answer to that question is what led to my desire to become a chiropractic physician.
After researching a number of the top-rated chiropractic colleges, I found that I wanted to attend the "fountainhead" of chiropractic, Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. This is where chiropractic originated back in 1895 when Dr. Palmer gave the first chiropractic adjustment which, believe it or not, healed his patient of deafness.
Palmer College was also known for offering one of the most thorough medical and chiropractic training programs in the country. It also had one of the highest quality clinical internship programs and has been the leading force in the chiropractic college community. My desire was to become the best chiropractor I could, so I additionally focused my training on one of the most advanced, specific, and hardest to learn chiropractic techniques known as the Gonstead Method.
- Board Certified Chiropractic Physician
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians Board Certified
- Gonstead System - Advanced Training Award and Certification in the gold standard of specific full-spine technique in the profession
- Earhardt Advanced Radiology and MRI Interpretation
- Chiropractic Sports and Fitness Council participant
- Intensive Internship at the Troxell Chiropractic Clinics
- Personal Injury Certification, Impairment and Disablility Evaluation
- Board Certified, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part I, II, III, IV and Physio-Therapy
Commitment to Education:
- Graduated from LaPorte High School
- Doctorate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa
- Post-graduate specialty as LaPorte's only Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Past Instructor for Gonstead Methodology Institute
- Past Instructor for the Troxell Intern Program
Personal and Professional Rewards:
- Palmer University Honor Society, Dean's List, Graduated with Honors
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni Association
Clayton Alexander, DO
Front Desk Coordinator